ETS is committed to the highest quality and technical competence in acoustic testing by having the ETS-Lindgren Acoustic Research Laboratory (ARL) be independently accredited by the National Voluntary Laboratory Accreditation Program (NVLAP), a program administered by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST). NVLAP accreditation is based on criteria within the international standard ISO/IEC 17025, which assures a high level of technical competence. ARL has been accredited for acoustic testing by NVLAP for nearly 25 years.
Our NVLAP accreditation is especially beneficial for customers that operate or market in other countries. To promote the use of laboratory accreditation worldwide NVLAP has mutual recognition arrangement (MRA's) with other laboratory accreditation systems, member labs around the world will recognize test and calibration data from our lab. This reduces technical hurdles for customers who market abroad.
NVLAP has mutual recognition agreements with:
- International Laboratory Accreditation Cooperation (ILAC)
- Asia Pacific Laboratory Accreditation Cooperation (APLAC)
- InterAmerican Accreditation Cooperation (IAAC)
NVLAP recognized technical competence is critical because:
- Minimizes Clients Risk by assuring laboratory technical competence
- Avoids Expensive Retesting when offering products in multiple markets
- Enhances Clients Confidence in the test results
- Ensures measurement traceability to SI units
- Reduce Costs and improves acceptance of clients goods overseas
NVLAP has a rigorous assessment program for acoustic laboratories that utilizes acoustic specialists that are well regarded through the acoustics industry to ensure that the all aspects of the laboratory operations, both technically and managerially, are of the highest caliber.