Test Systems /
AMS-8700 MIMO OTA Test System
- For LTE and 802.11n MIMO Testing
- Supports Testing per CTIA Test Plan for 2x2 Downlink MIMO Transmit Diversity Over-the-Air Performance Version 1.0
- Acceptance for Evaluation of Receive Diversity
- Complete RF Environment Simulation
- Supports Single Cluster, Multiple Cluster, and Uniform Models
- Patent Pending Technology
- Supports Variable Angles of Arrival, Doppler, and Delay Spread
- Multiple Patents for Over-the-Air Testing and Environmental Simulation:
-- Patent Number 20080056340 "Systems and Methods for OTA Performance Testing of Wireless Devices with Multiple Antennas"
--Patent Number 20080305754 "Systems and Methods for OTA Performance Testing of Wireless Devices"
ETS-Lindgren's MIMO OTA Test Systems offer repeatable measurement of radiated performance of wireless devices in a simulated multi-path environment. The system acts as an RF environment simulator that can generate spatial field structures similar to those seen in a wide range of real-world scenarios. Standard conducted channel models can be adapted to equivalent radiated spatial channel models for evaluation of the entire device signal chain, including antennas, device platform, and near field phantom (head, hands, etc.) impact on device performance. The simulated environment is suitable for evaluation of downlink MIMO performance for wireless technologies such as LTE and 802.11n Wi-Fi as well as receive diversity performance of existing wireless technologies per CTIA Test Plan for 2x2 Downlink MIMO and transmit Diversity Over-the-Air Performance Version 1.0.
The system consists of a dual polarized antenna array in an absorber lined fully-anechoic chamber connected to technology specific communication test equipment through a spatial channel emulator. The anechoic chamber provides isolation from interference and reflections in the real-world environment and eliminates unwanted reflections within the test environment.