Maintenance and Upgrades /
RF Diagnostic Testing and Troubleshooting
- RF Diagnostic Testing utilized for:
- Verifying the performance of the room.
- Determining shield performance of shielding prior to magnet upgrades.
- Inspect RF shield for obvious leaks.
- Use an assortment of test sources and antennas to test a shield's integrity.
- Use of specialized test equipment to identify hidden or hard to locate ground isolation issues.
- Troubleshooting to identify ground isolation problems and RF leaks.
- Repair of ground isolation issues and RF leaks identified during trouble shooting
- Shield Maintenance
Diagnostic and troubleshooting services are essential to shield maintenance. Diagnostic testing can be utilized to verify the performance of existing test, as part of the troubleshooting process, and to establish the performance of an existing shield prior to upgrade or relocation. Magnetic shielding is typically utilized to verify the performance or characterize the magnetic shielding properties of an existing shield.
Shielding leaks can degrade the RF environment in the shield. Troubleshooting is utilized to identify leaks and other issues with the RF shield. Additionally, solutions to correct the RF leaks can be determined during the troubleshooting process.